Monday, February 22, 2010

What is it like to be part of the so called "Jerkdom"?




Okay... so after writing my previous blog, I was left thinking, why do women like jerks? Why did I like a player? Why a lot of girls would rather go gaga over a jerk than date a nice guy?

Hmmm... according to my research, I fell under a jerk spell. A jerk spell is when we are seduced by a man's charm, confidence and passion. And in my case, I was taken away by the following:
The fact that he dresses like a bad boy yet he smells really good.
He has tattoos but who cares, it looks well with his weird hairstyle.
He loves to make faces but he still looks good despite of it.
He plays guitar for a band named Allecia which I think is great.
He's very artsy yet he has this cono personality.
He has a band, yet he works as a graphic artist for a hotel company.

Everything about him is just so cool. He doesn't own his wheels but then I say so what? as long as he's willing pay for the cab, I can excuse him from my standards. Oh well, who wouldn't fall for this over confident guy. Ohhh? Haha! And now, I just realized my stupidities as I backread the reasons why I liked this guy. I was really under a spell. I never saw those disguises: his confidence as arrogance, his charm for being a player and his passion for being given so much attention as if the world revolves around him.

So even if I knew right from the start that this guy is a certified player and I swear to myself that I will not be stupid when it comes to love, why did I fall for him? Why did I even consider being his second girlfriend?

Reason 1: He calls me every night to talk about shallow, cheesy things... how he loves to see me everyday, how he was mesmerized the first time he saw me in that company meeting and how he notices me whenever he hears me giggle.
Reason 2: He texts me in the morning, afternoon, evening and actually every hour (despite the fact that he sees me everyday) just to tell me that he misses me.
Reason 3: He tells me that he loves my long, straight and shiny hair (this was the time when my hair was still rebonded... haha!)
Reason 4: He tells me that he likes looking at my legs from afar.
Reason 5: He tells me how good I am whenever I get acknowledged during meetings.
Reason 6: He gets mad whenever he sees boys staring at me. (I find it cute!)
Reason 7: He gets mad, really mad... whenever I can't reply to his messages or answer his call. My friends call him possessive but during that time I think that is a sign of someone protective.
Reason 8: He tries to control me by dictating me what to wear. Though I hate it.. I love the fact that I have to argue with him and have small fights.
Reason 9: When I was ask in a bad situation in front of my boss, he whispers, " Don't worry, I am here to back you up. Nothing bad will happen to you."

I still have a bunch more reasons for liking him, my fingers are just getting tired of typing. Hehe...

Okay... despite the fact that most of the reasons I mentioned can be easily done by other men, I love liking him because of the thrill of being with him. I love the rush of adrenaline whenever we are at the office and we try to hide that secret of ours (Although sometimes, I have this feeling that he's making our relationship obvious in front of our officemates). I love the chase and the danger of being caught by his real girlfriend. I am addicted to the excitement that the danger of getting hurt once I fall in love brings. I am hooked in my ultimate goal... my ultimate challenge... the chance of getting to play a player. My dream which never came true. I never got to play him, instead I was the one played. Why? obviously I easily fell in the trap. I fell in love.

Now that we know the reasons why we fall for a jerk... as well as the symptoms and causes of loving a player... Next question is, how to avoid a player? How to get over a player?
Well, I don't know. Once I have the answers, rest assured that I will also post it here.

1 comment:

  1. this kind of man is very popular with a lot of women. love needs a good feeling, although he is handsome.

    ReplyDelete